Develop understanding of Afton’s product line, claims and chemistry for Industrial additives.
- Support sales activity through effective design, development, and delivery of projects, technical solutions, and optimized Industrial finished fluids to meet customer needs.
- Issue customer technical reports and data packages for customers.
- Resolve customer issues, requests, and complaints in a timely, accurate, and professional manner under supervision of CTS Manager and/or colleagues.
- Develop understanding of industry and customer testing requirements for laboratory and mechanical testing.
- Understand Industrial OEM product specifications and requirements.
- Interface with Analytical and Mechanical labs to understand required Industrial testing requirements and methods of requesting tests via REDs and TestNet and other data management systems.
- Interface with global CTS, R&D, and Industrial Marketing colleagues to gain an understanding of current and future trends, requirements, and applications.
- Interface with Industrial Marketing and Sales colleagues to ensure aligned customer account management.
- Manage projects with CTS stage gate process utilizing Accolade software.
- Understand and comply with Afton’s safety and quality system.
- Locate and understand all applicable procedures and work instructions found within the Afton quality system.
- Participate in Afton safety initiatives and comply with all training requirements.
- Travel to customers to promote Afton’s Industrial technology and products, as well as conduct presentations to aid sales force with customers.
- Work effectively within a matrix organization by developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- BS/BA degree in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years relevant working experience
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and translate to appropriate, timely action.
- Demonstrated “Customer Service” attitude toward internal and external customers.
- Able to prioritize tasks, cope with multiple work interruptions, and changes to customer and sales demands.
- Demonstrates understanding of basic chemistry and Afton product chemistry.
- Demonstrates knowledge of laboratory practices and procedures.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of statistics and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrates computer literacy with regard to Afton’s routine applications, including Microsoft Office suite, Accolade, and REDs.
- Able to interact with all levels of employees.
- Position is based in Richmond, VA and willingness to travel as required.