Under the supervision of the Travel Manager, will plan and price a variety of complex domestic and international itineraries in accordance with Laboratory and applicable Government policies via the Worldspan Computer Reservations System, telephone, fax, and e-mail. Will arrange trip itineraries; make air, hotel, rail, and ground transportation reservations; price and fare itineraries; issue exchanges and refunds; void tickets as required; arrange for special needs pertaining to seats and meals. Will update customer profile database and provide information relative to passport, visa, and health requirements.
- Answering phones and emails fullfilling reservations requests.
- Quality control and price reservations.
- Answering questions, troubleshoot travel related incidents.
- Research questions/problems found during the voucher audit process.
- Update traveler profiles, advising foreign travel requirements.
- Will interface with airline staff regarding any number of things: seat assignment, refunding a ticket, disruption of service to name a few.
- Will also interface with Housing Bureaus for conference accommodations, hotels directly, and car vendor support personnel.
- High –school graduate or equivalent with at least 2.5 years of experience. Post high-school education will count toward experience. Associate’s degree preferred..
- Demonstrated capabilities in presenting ideas written and orally within a cross-functional environment required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Airline GDS system a must. (preferably Worldspan) Knowledge of airline accounting procedures desirable.
- Applicant should possess experience working in a high volume commercial travel agency or airline reservations office.
- Extensive knowledge of the travel industry and extensive CRS knowledge is required, Worldspan experience preferred.
- Knowledge of CRS data entry requirements necessary for interface between the CRS system and back room accounting system (TRAMS) is highly desired.
- Must have working knowledge of Excel, MS Word, and Windows. Basic Web experience is required.
- Must have excellent telephone and customer-service skills. Must be able to work quickly and accurately in a team environment and handle all issues with tact and diplomacy.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance required.